Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Interludes in 5/7/5


List
I sat myself down
Made a silly little list
'Bout what I would do

Time
If I had the time.
O and what all would I do
If I had the time?

Be
Sprawl out on the porch
Soak in the warm honeyed light
Breeze stroking my cheek

Read
Curl 'top a cushion
Book in hand my only care
Feline- perfect ease

Pray
Drop down- bended knee
Talking, yes- mostly list'nin
Whisp'rin, "Beautiful"

Steal a Kiss
Press me close to you
Brush impatient lips on yours
Savor the promised

Dance
Swaying, bobbing beat
Royal- ruling this body:
Palm tree in fierce breeze

Laugh
Wee ripple rising
Mirth a spreading thing like weed
Full grown, bursts brilliant

Worship
Emptied hands lifted
Face raised- soakin' in glory
I hear, "You are mine."

Walk the Dog
Only purpose- be
outside, sniff everything, pull
against too short leash

Afternoon Coffee
Sweet bulbous curve of
warm mug weighty on cupped hand
bitter-sweet relief

Hike
Enveloping hush
Broken by sole meeting stone
And deepening breath

Foster
Open door, hands, heart
Sweet refuge and healing place
Welcome here, broken 

Write
Exhale emotion
Paint the past in gilded light
Record what should be

Find the Time
Cease endless running
Demand nothing-important
Be declared vital

No comments:

Post a Comment